Thread: It's BS! :(
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #18
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
My rebuild will be going from 3.4 to 3.8L. Interesting that I was told the same time est. However, my car will be staying at the indy shop. I wanted to be sure they kept it inside now that storm season is approaching. They said they had a lift dedicated to long term jobs. He did say the job depended on how long it took to have the new cyl pressed in (or however they do that). They can do the barking to the builder since they have lost income with the bay being taken up.

This is why Raby is developing a new cyl lining process. It will be more environmentally friendly than Nikasil, just as strong, and he won't have to depend on a busy plater.
My car stayed inside at my Indy shop while the engine was apart too, they had no sway with getting the engine case back any sooner, LN is at the mercy of the plater. I suspect Jake Raby is the only shop that has any pull with LN on getting Nickies done, unless Jake actually gets them done on his own and has his own plater to push. Raby's new cylinder lining process looks interesting, do you think it will be commercially available in your time frame. I saw a Total Seal Piston Rings/Lake Speed Jr video about that on Facebook, it seems like it is still a couple of years away from being commercial.

Once you get your engine back in your car, you will love it! I hope you can swing a few Wheeler/Dealer cars through while you're waiting to help pay for it!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote