View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #126
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Question from the kid in the back who sleeps during class...can you explain the working of the nos system? What do you need the aviation fuel or 93 octane for? Does it dilute the nos? Why ethanol free 93?

Lastly, can you please rig up a sexy voice to say "danger to mainfold" every time you hit the nos?

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk

NOS is just air. Its pure air your engine needs without all the nasty carbon. So when you dump pure nitrogen and oxygen directly into your engine it gives you a boost of available stuff to use to complete combustion. HOWEVER, it does not contain fuel; shooting just air into your engine without fuel is not so good. So most nitrous systems now use a "wet spray" mixing NOS with fuel.

Some people who use nitrous get their fuel from the pressurized fuel system. They just tap into the fuel feed line for the carb/fuel injectors. I didn't want to stress out my fuel system with a sudden drop in pressure so I just made a separate tank/pump to feed the nitrous shot with fuel.

My choice for fuel in the nitrous hit has been solidified to alcohol. My reasons for using pure alcohol fuel is because of alcohols longer shelf life than most of the stuff with ethanol in it. Alcohol also has a higher octane than the gasoline I run in the tank. And (i'm stretching here) alcohol has a higher vaporizion rate over gasoline so .... cools the rotors on the charger better.... Maybe not, but I can wish.

I can only put the danger to manifolds voice in if I put exploding bolts in my passenger's floor board. I don't think my wife would be keen on that one.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote