Thread: It's hump day!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 12:46 PM   #10
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
I have all kinds of treasures stashed away for future build projects. The other GT3 seat is sitting in one of the cars, and I have a set of GT3 seats in Boxster Red leather brand new sitting in their original boxes from Recaro.

And you're right - nothing is cheap when you're trying to find individual replacement pieces for something that some bonehead screwed up before you, and then your time and efforts to put something back to stock that should never have been messed with in the first place.

I have the radio out of the green car right now. Somebody before me butchered the factory wiring when they installed some cheap POS aftermarket stereo, so I managed to get a set of radio wiring harness ends from Jon (78F350) from one of his parts cars and now have to figure out how to surgically reattach it all.
While paying for an expensive part is no fun, you have the worse deal having to sort through the wiring for your radio. I might have been able to cobble something together for my issue, but I figured if I'm going to have these seats and harnesses to protect me on the track, then I'm not going to defeat that with something jerry-rigged that might look like it works, but wouldn't find out for sure until it might be too late!

I admire you for having multiple cars, one Boxster and a daily driver (which I don't do anything on myself) is all I can handle!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote