View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 11:23 PM   #20
mmackie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
Can you take a picture of the entire garage? meaning step back and get the whole thing in a picture, including the roof as well as the back of the garage.

Notice the water line? it's all coming from that back right corner. Think this is just a drainage issue. This is actually very, very common and I bet when they built it they didn't seal the outside cinder blocks and water just collects against that back wall. Since it is considered a garage, detached and not a livable space the landlord will be off the hook for anything like mold.

You wont harm the car by parking on the floor really. drop some 2x10 or 2x12 and drive on those if concerned that much.

yes the landlord should address it but realistically that wont happen. In all it's pretty simple, dig up the dirt around the structure, seal it, fill dirt back in, adjust drainage as necessary. Couple friends a few shovels and you could fix it in a weekend....if landlord allows it that is.
I feel you but I think it would be a major engineering thing. The hill is crazy steep (this is the bottom of three stories) and its on super hard ground.
mmackie is offline   Reply With Quote