View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #30
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Every m96 I've driven seems to come alive between 3500-4500 and falls flat after 6000. There does seem to be a bigger jump in power at the 4000 mark with my 996 intake 2.7 rally car than with my 3.4 street car. I don't think it takes that long for the computer to learn and adjust. I have to disconnect the battery on my rally car at the end of the day. Every time I reconnect the battery, the car idles weird for about five minutes but seems to run fine after that. I don't know why you're feeling a jump sometimes and not the other. Aging fuel pump?

The building is going up pretty good for an old man working by himself. I start on installing the sheet metal tomorrow.

Looking good so far! Doing metal by yourself is a ********************. I recently covered a barn in metal, it was hard. I hope you don't have any wind coming your way!

That's interesting about your idle. When my dme resets, I will idle a bit fast (around 1200 rpm) for a minute or two but it has always been smooth and then runs runs down to 650ish after that. I did notice though that for the first 100 miles or so I would get a bit of a wandering idle while driving in town, but that has stopped. That's what makes me think that it takes a while for the long term trims to really settle in.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk