View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 11:55 AM   #6251
Radman

Garage
Cleaned the seats and applied Zaino "Leather in a Bottle" conditioner and protectant. Stuff helps the leather smell so good.

Also applied a LOAD of touch up paint to the hood, driver's door, rear deck, and both front quarter panels. The hood was an absolute mess. At least 100 spots that needed to be addressed. Waited 3 hours and then cleaned up with Langka blob eliminator. Followed up with a light hand polish to remove the Langka residue. Looks at least 80-90% better. The deeper scratches and chips will need another round or two. The paint match from Automotivetouchup.com looks to be perfect.

It's a very labor intensive and, for me, painful process. I've had two neck fusion surgeries and have severe arthritis and disc issues up and down my spine. So any working with my hands and arms is painful. But the end result is so worth it. Hopefully I'll have recovered by next weekend so I can do round 2 on the touch up, Langka, polish process. If I'm really lucky, it will only take 2 times to fill everything in. When it's not pouring rain hopefully I can get some pics. Should have taken some before pics, will have to see if I can find any. When I do the rest of the car I'll try to take some before and after picks.
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote