Thread: 996 ROW tune
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 06:27 PM   #1
ike84

996 ROW tune

So I just flashed my 986 to 996 ROW tune after installing an 82mm TB, 3.25" MAF housing, and 3.5" short CAI. I have not found seen any articles detailing the steps of this process inside of PIWIS II v18.1. So, here goes...

Once you get the software installed and tester imprinted, you need to configure the VCI (settings ≥ VCI config). Verify that the usb connection is good and update the firmware if it tells you too do so.

After this go diagnostics ≥ 911 ≥ 996. Make sure your PC date is set to 2010ish,I guess the system wasnt supposed to be used post a certain date (which has already post) and it will freeze here if you have it set to the actual date.

Once the menu loads, click DME and then Program (top right). It will then ask you you to input the MY, transmission, and region. Next choose to program map (not control unit) and then it will ask you to input the DME programming code. I got mine from Mark in Nashville, great guy! Next it will ask you what days transfer rate to use - PICK FAST. I don't understand why but it will crash if you pick slow. I had about 25 ministrokes trying to figure this out and I haven't seen anywhere else on the web that says to do this. Once you do that hit "execute", sit back and enjoy watching that progress bar. It takes about 8 -10 min or so. Once you're done, voila!

It started up and purred beautifully from the get go. I've only driven a few miles since this ( gotta fix my coolant issue now) but no codes so far. All instruments seen to work fine and AC does as well. I will keep everyone updated on progress, especially if codes start lighting up.

If anyone needs screenshots I can pay, just lemme know. In case you're wondering, the software and hardware both came from overseas . If you want to know specifically, PM me.

Sent from my 100003562 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ike84; 04-05-2021 at 04:18 AM.
ike84 is offline   Reply With Quote