View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #15
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromecarz00 View Post
Just a quick update here... Turned out to be a defective tank. Pelican parts was a little bit of a pain to deal with, but they eventually made everything right.

My new issue is - I'm not sure what kind of coolant I have in there right now and I want to avoid the potential of creating the gel by mixing... So, my current plan is to get a coolant/water ratio measuring tool from pre stone, and figure out what the coolant ratio to water ratio is right now. If it's lower than, say 40/60, I was thinking of adding some kind of water wetter or something like that to help augment the cooling abilities. I've heard lots of good reviews, but also some iffy ones... I'd like to do a flush this year when I get back from overseas, but want something to hold me over until then.

Thoughts?

Secondary plan is to get some coolant tests figure out how good the coolant is to help me decide when to get the flush done - later this year or next year
A common misconceptions is that different "color" coolants will not jive if mixed and create sludge. This isn't always the case. Pedro did a pretty nice write-up of it on his site, and many other sites confirm what he says. I can vouch for the safety of mixing OAT type coolants without consequence (both in my 986 and other vehicles).

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk