View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 04:54 PM   #38
ike84

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
1. I do not see a failing Cat causing his problems.

2.Our cars do not attempt to lean out the mixture in order to reduce emissions if they sense a bad Cat. Post Cat sensors on cars of that era do one thing = monitor Cat health via reading oxygen levels.

The only thing a narrow band O2 sensor of that era can do is sense oxygen and only in a very narrow band.

3. The reason I pointed what I see as possible failing or bad Cats is that he was talking about replacing his 02 sensors. I was pointing out that based on what I see in the O2 sensor Sine Wave, that the Sensors are fine. But the post Cat signal is suggesting a failing Cat.. So no need to replace the O2 sensors.

Ummm I think that's it Hope I answered your questions.

And there is nothing wrong with disagreeing how else could one learn he was wrong
So I need to go and watch scanner danners videos about cats because my knowledge of them is still very much comic book version. When they fail what is the main symptom? Do they choke down the exhaust and kill power through reduction of flow? Or do they just stop cleaning up the exhaust and result in no other difference? I remember newarts video of how he toasted his cats when he blew his engine but that's the only other time I've ever heard of them going bad.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk