View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 03:07 PM   #30
porschefan76

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
From what I see in your O2 signal sine waves that you have posted in this thread in post 13 your O2 sensors are fine they show a typical sine wave.
The issue I see is your post Cat O2 signals are showing that your Cats are not working properly. So the Catalytic converter are suspect the sensors are fine.

Sorry I just went through the thread again and see in post 17 that you ran the O2 sensor data again at a more steady rpm.
But to me your bank 2 post O2 cat sensor still shows that your cat on bank 2 is suspect. maybe not failed but boarderline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Hey blue do you think a failing cat would cause his problems though? I could see that if a cat were clogged and not flowing well that would cause loss of power because of choking down flow. Would out cars attempt to lean out the mixture in order to reduce emissions if it senses a bad cat? I'm not asking to disagree, it's purely from ignorance I've not ever dealt with a bad cat before and I'm trying to piece together how that would play into what he's dealing with.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Hello and thanks for the follow-ups. Yes, I intend to back pressure test for failing cats when the weather cooperates, probably early this upcoming week. As far as I can tell however, the post-cat O2 sensor does not play with the ECU, so I don't think that could be causing the P1126, but maybe if the cat is failing, that could cause it?

I'll add results as soon as I perform the test. Thanks for the continued interest and inputs!
porschefan76 is offline   Reply With Quote