View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 04:43 PM   #23
porschefan76

Garage
Hello friends. Sorry for the delay in updates, the weather has not been cooperating.
Yesterday was the first break in temperature so I scoped the intake tube as suggested and there were no obstructions. I moved on to replacing the fuel injectors on Bank 1 (immensely easier than on Bank 2). I actually noticed some positive change in the cold idle, throttle response and general feel of the motor overall. The engine felt noticeably smoother on the test drive and performed much like I remember it performing before this all began. In addition, fuel economy seemed to improve, but it was based on visual gauge estimation, so not data.
This is not the end of the road though. The car stored a P1126 during the test drive and there is still a momentary "swoosh" when sharply pressing the throttle.
It looks like the weather will be improving again next week sometime, so I'll check the cats by removing the fore O2 sensor and checking back pressure on each side. I'll also try smoking the intake again. I also noticed that cylinder 1 appears to have begun leaking oil at the spark plug tube, so I'll be replacing all 6 of those as well (they're on their way).
I do have a question though regarding P1126. Can anyone give me the correct verbiage for P1126 on DME 7.2? I realized my Durametric is reporting it as P1126 - Porsche fault code 356 - Multiplic. mixture adapt. lower load range B.1: and the Bentley manual reports it as P1126 Porsche DTC 35 - Oxygen sensing area 1 cylinders 4-6 - Short to B+/above upper limit/rich mixture threshold. Is P1126 a Bank 1 or Bank 2 code on 7.2? Any help there is appreciated!
I'm also planning to do a "hard reset" and capture some fresh data. Can anyone with a Durametric and DME 7.2 tell me what the short term fuel trim entry is? I was under the impression it would be "oxygen sensing Lamba" or "fuel trim mean value" but I do not see either in the list of Actual Values.
As usual, thank you for your time and help!
porschefan76 is offline   Reply With Quote