View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 04:21 AM   #13
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmlifer View Post
So do I need a couple 2x8 boards at the front so bottom of bumper clears that metal tire stop? Or just a couple at edge of ramps to help raise bumper to run up on the trailer?

And would it be ok to fish a tie down strap through rear wheels and around under trailer runners to secure the back? The safety chains in back don’t seem like they secure as much as in case of emergency stop from running up into the bed of my truck. Where is the rear secured nice and tight???
Look up at my picture with Jon's black car. You'll see the bottom of the front bumper trims just clear the front of the trailer. That's why I said stop about a foot away from the front and push it the rest of the way.

I've hauled three different Boxsters on three different U-Haul car trailers and never had an issue. Saying that, you'll probably be the guy that does, so it wouldn't hurt to have something ready in reserve. I don't think I'd use something as tall as a 2xX, maybe just a 3/4 to 1 inch piece of plywood.

As for running a tie strap through the rear wheels, I really think it's overkill, but at the very least, find a way to protect your wheels from getting scuffed from the tow straps rubbing them.

Again, don't overthink it. U-Haul has made this setup work for the minimally average person, and the fact that you own a Boxster and are on this forum makes you above average. You'll be fine.