View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 05:13 AM   #8
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmlifer View Post
I will use the front wheel straps provided by UHAUL and I assume strap rear down either through openings in wheels or suspension or somewhere. I want to harness it down everywhere possible if you have your phone handy snap a few photos of connection points or tie down locations please and thank you.
Look in my picture w/ Jon's black car - the front straps pull up over the top of the tire and ratchet down to a secure point on the front of the trailer.

Look at Ian's yellow car and you'll see the chain tie down on the rear underneath.

The fenders on the trailer will fold down. so you can exit the car without having to climb through the window like I did the first time I ever towed one, before someone here called me a knucklehead for not knowing.

Take your time loading it up. Watch the front clearance. A car with normal ride height is easy. Use the 2x8 board trick if it's lower. When you're on the trailer, be careful you don't kiss the front of the trailer rail with the nose of the car. Have someone spot you and stop 6 inches to a foot away, shut the car off and gently push it forward the rest of the way.
A tip for the front tie downs. Lay them out flat stretched to the rear of the trailer - remember you have to pull them over the top of the tire. You can't do that if the tire is sitting on them. (Ask me how I know)
You'll have to get under the trailer at the rear to find the best spot to wrap the rear tie-down. Don't tie it to a suspension part that will be moving up and down or something that will bend under stress.
When you're all done, double and triple check all your tie down points, the trailer hitch to your truck, and that you have the doors and trunks closed on the Boxster.

Now - after reading all our tips, don't stress and overthink it. Walk it through before you get the car on the trailer so everything makes sense before you're trying to figure it out with the car sitting there. It's really a simple process. I had Jon's black car on the trailer and tied down in 10 minutes tops. You might take 15 your first try.

Your F-150 will tow it easy. Get a couple miles down the road, stop and double check all your tie down points and you'll be good to go.

Then, you'll be an hour or two down the road and you'll forget you're even towing something. You'll glance in your rear view mirror and jump when you see a Boxster right on your butt!

Have a safe trip. Pictures or it didn't happen.