View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #16
Ronzi

Jim, I have made basically three statements about Danica Patrick's career.
1.) Some of her publicity efforts do not contribute to her being taken seriously as a racing driver. A personal opinion; you and others are free to disagree.
2.) She has yet to prove she can be a winner at the top levels of motorsport. Thusfar she has zero wins, and therefore is not a "winner".
3.) She gets a lot of publicity due to the fact that she is an attractive woman driver and thus an oddity, not because she has had spectacularly good results in the races she has run. There are drivers who have WON the Indy 500 and are virtually unknown outside the open-wheel racing community, Buddy Rice being but one example.

Danica has done well thusfar in her career, but in my opinion, little better than could be expected given the fact that she has had the advantage of pretty good equipment during her stint with Rahal-Letterman.
Will she do better with Andretti-Green? I hope so, but she will doubtless be playing second fiddle to Marco Andretti. Not necessarily a good thing, but then how many races would Rubens Barrichello have won if he hadn't been second fiddle to Schumi at Ferrari?
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote