View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #25
CrisZenithBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I got a PM from someone asking me about this, but the system wouldn't let me reply, so I am posting an update here:

==========================

I wholeheartedly still recommend it. It is probably my favorite mod that I've done to the car. It sounds so much better, and absolutely zero drone. When you crank it up at idle, sounds soooo good. And when you are driving With the windows up, it is relatively mild, unless you are on throttle. But with the windows down or the top down, it is a treat

Mine is the mid pipe cat deletes plus the Fister exhaust. I am not sure how it would sound with just the exhaust and no mid pipes, I am guessing the same overall but just a little milder. When I first put on the mid pipes with the stock exhaust, it was a small but definite increase in sound.

It was expensive, I went with the ceramic coating too. But years later it still looks great.

I also got it done on my 987.2 Cayman and didn't do the ceramic. They painted it in a nice silver but the look isn't holding up like the ceramic. The exhausts are different and the effect on the 987.2 exhaust is pretty mild compared with the 986.

If you can find a used Porsche Sport exhaust it is about the same thing, but those are often pricy as well.

If you get one I bet you will like it

That exactly describes the Fister mod in my opinion

Steve,

The guy that sent you the PM is a new guy that i was also talking to about the Fister mod. I have his email and will forward him your write up. I also recommended him the same setup

Cheers,

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote