View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #2
ike84

I bought a speaker kit on amazon that fits into the stock shelf. Easy install physically, wiring was a bit difficult. I replaced the stock head unit with a double din a long time ago so I had to write directly to the amp. The problem there was that the stock amp is 4 channel, not 6. My solution was to purchase an aftermarketr 2 channel amp and ran rear inputs from the had unit to the second amp and then to the speakers. In terms of bass output it all depends on the setup and speakers used. This setup really wasnt designed for bass, it is meant to improve mid and high output (directly behind your head). You could theoretically use my setup and run those speakers through a low pass filter but I don't think that's what you're looking for. If you want thump then I would make a custom enclosure with two small subs mounted vertically between the seats against the firewall.

FWIW I'm going to completely redo this setup coming up. The double din is coming out, along with the door speakers, factory amp, and aftermarket amp. The front speakers and rear speakers will remain, powered by an aftermarket amp with bluetooth connectivity. I found that the double din is just taking up space and I can instead just use my phone for android auto, and the door subs aren't worth jack in terms of bass.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk