View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
piper6909

It's part of the front left wire harness, which includes wiring for the lights and radiator cooling fan. I doubt you'd want to change all that, but if you do, look for member itsnotanova. He used to sell parts, and may still have some.

Aside from that, I'd test wires. They are both black wires, .5mm in diameter. They run to connector X1/1, pins 15 and 16. I believe that's the connector that goes thru the firewall. it should be a white connector, and obviously pretty big, with 21 pins. Then they change to .35mm wires one is black/blue and the other is brown/white, and they both go straight to the instrument cluster.

I would disconnect connector X1/1 and put an ohm meter on pins 15 and 16 (on the part going to the front of the car). If the sensor is disconnected, you should get infinite resistance (open circuit). Then put one probe on 15 and one to a ground, you should get infinite resistance. and same if you put the probe on 16 and the other to ground. You can also try one probe on 15 and the other on the rest of the pins to make sure there's no short to another wire. With the sensor connected, you should get some resistance that varies with temperature. If you get that, then the wiring from the sensor to that point should be good.

Note: I believe this wiring is accurate up to MY 03. I don't know if it's the same for newer models.

Good luck.

Last edited by piper6909; 01-05-2021 at 04:54 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote