Thread: Problem!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #9
evomind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
Pull the trunk carpet and the raised trunk flooring (underneath the carpet) to get to the metal trunk floor. Then you'll be able to REALLY tell if the expansion tank is leaking. In my case, the old (98') expansion tank developed spider cracks on its bottom that were not visible. When the car came up to temp and the coolant system became pressurized the spider cracks would expand and leak. Eventually the coolant would find it's way to my garage floor. Not a lot on the floor but enough to indicate a leak..........bottom line pull everything out of the trunk to expose the metal trunk floor.
Well the thing thats throwing me is im finding the leak (and its a pretty good one) is on the drivers side rear. The expansion tank is on the passenger side.
Unless its leaking and running over to that side..?
Thats what is throwing me. Everything is on the passenger side but the leak is on the left.
Im thinking maybe expansion tank or shut off valve because they're on that side. IDK
I just had an exhaust installed. Im hoping they just pinched a line but I know I cant be that lucky.