View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 05:23 AM   #3
RedTele58

If you're running the car on the track, the aerokit adds unnecessary weight. The sideskirts will end up being scraped and will probably get torn off or destroyed if you end up off track, especially if you've lowered the car any. The aero spoiler doesn't add any track peformance over the pop up spoiler either and is more weight.

Now - saying all that, I have to admit my DE car has a factory aerokit. I love it for the looks, but if the car was a dedicated track car, the aerokit would be gone.

If you look at Spec Boxster class rules, they allow sideskirts, but I've never seen anyone with them on their car. (The Spec guys I've talked w/ say the same as above.) The class rules don't allow the Aero nose or fixed aero spoiler either. (The guys running at the top of the Spec class are running a Gen II Boxster S front bumper cover on their car - both for the added center opening for a center radiator and their belief that the 2002-2004 nose is a bit more aerodynamic than the earlier S nose.

If your running the car strictly as a track car, you should take a llook at the Spec Boxster rules and build your car to those specifications. Once you get serious on the track it's a short jump to wanting more and thats where you'll be glad your car is built to Spec car rules as you ponder moving to the dark side of Spec car racing. .

Do you get to Hallett for any of your track days?

Also - check your PM's for some more from me.

Last edited by RedTele58; 12-27-2020 at 05:31 AM.
RedTele58 is offline   Reply With Quote