View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #12
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Chick View Post
Wow, my twin! I've never seen another Box that color, anywhere. Sweet. I love Ocean Jade Metallic, and I get lots of compliments on the color. A recent PCA mag article called it a "unicorn color." I'm thrilled to discover you have it too.
Here's some real unicorns in the Ocean Jade Metallic world; a '99 996 w/ aerokit and a couple of year newer turbo 996.

The aerokit is a factory body kit to include side skirts, a different front bumper cover and a fixed rear spoiler. The spoiler on the top 996 is called a "taco spoiler" for obvious reasons.

Both of these two Boxsters below in my fleet are also '99's w/ factory aero. They also have the factory hard top.

For the difference between a comfort seat (yours) and the sport seat (mine) look at the difference in the seat back where your shoulders rest. The sport seat has "wings" that help cradle your upper body in place for more aggressive driving.

My center wheel caps are the plain version w/ the crest outlined in black. Yours are the optional colored crests.

Be careful! It's a slippery slope once you start performance mods and cosmetic upgrades. Your car looks like it has some nice options - the color was a $$$ upgrade, the wheels are upgrades, your 8-way seats and (I think) you have the optional heavier leather. Your aluminum-look shifter and e-brake are options, your white instrument panel is an option.

Another little touch you might want is the non-smoker tray that goes where your ashtray sits. It's about $90 and a 15 minute job with only a couple of screws and popping in and out your window switches.

If you really want to learn what your car has to offer, look for DE (Driver Education) track events that your local PCA Chapter should have. Once you're on the track with your Boxster, you'll open up a whole new world of fun.