View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 06:53 AM   #9
986Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Absolutely beautiful car and color! Count me in the "love it" crowd. Black interior looks great with the exterior color. Generally prefer the 3 spoke wheel but 4 spoke looks great in your car! Same wrt to deambering headlights / sidelights / tails - the yellow looks perfect with your exterior color.

The main mod I would suggest now - just drive and enjoy!

However, if you must...
1)Mount a Fischer Cup Holder (NOT "The Ultimate Cupholder," which is nicely made of stainless and super easy to "install" but is not as adaptable and looks like an afterthought) to the passenger (+/- driver side) center tunnel. It can be adequatwly secured by just mounting to the carpet backing or affixed to the underlying metal if you need it to survive a rollover. It is well made, widely adaptable for cup size, folds up to be inconspicuous and clear of all seat mechanicals, the plastic looks oem, in this location is easily reached but out of the way for drive/passenger, and by design the base in use forms a sort of drip tray to catch any sloshed drink off the carpet during spirited driving.
2)add the headrest screens to go along with the center screen, or for a classic look, go without all three and enjoy the breeze.
3) add an UDP for a slight increase in performance with virtually no down side
4) consider M030 suspension as a very livable, stock upgrade to handling
5) bumperette delete looks clean nice and european if you are willing for the expense / hassle
6) relocate frunk release cable if not already done. You will thank me one day.
7) Calif Car Cover to leave top down and interior cool but protected from UV / bird droppings / rain (what's that you ask)
8) exhaust & other mods subject to personal taste
9) titanium wheel lugs are $ but will save you cleaning / painting them over and over if you keep the car, are stronger than oem, look better, and won't rust on your alum wheels.
10) set up to change oil easily at home, so there is no cost or convenience barrier to doing it regularly, and so you get familiar with the underside of your car.
11) Durametric. A worthwhile investment if you are keeping it. You will be glad you bought it, later.
12)when your top needs replacing, possibly upgrade to a later (?S version) 3bow top, to keep the better shape and engine access and rear visibility of the 3bow plastic window top but with the nice quieter interior liner and +/- the newer mechanicals. My guess is your top stays down, though, given where you live. If you put it up aftet every drive, and down b4 every drive, or go places you need a rear defroster and worry about splitting the plastic window, then consider a 4bow '03/04 top
13) stopping at #12, b/c the slope is slippery

But mainly, just drive & enjoy!
LOL. That's quite a list after "just drive & enjoy."

Wonderful suggestions. What is a UDP, listed in #4?

As for #12 I replaced the original top with a newer one with a glass window. I don't know what "3bow" means, so don't know if that's what I have.

And as for relocating the frunk release cable, why and where?
986Chick is offline   Reply With Quote