View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #1
986Chick

Give me some project ideas for '99 Boxster

I bought this '99 Boxster in June, thinking it would be a fun pandemic project. I have named her Mrs. Peel, after the character in the 1960s TV show, "The Avengers." She was in pretty sad shape. I spent way more money than I had planned to, and have restored her to a nice condition and "like new" driving. I've done all the "must dos" and am down to cosmetic and optional projects. And that's where I need your ideas.

I'm sure this comes under the heading of "no car project is ever completed, it's only abandoned," but I'm now looking for both fun and practical things to do with Mrs. Peel. I've never done a car project before, and I have no technical knowledge. I have to hire someone to do most everything. And I'm at a loss, now.

As you can see by the photos, I've tried to keep her pretty stock in this restoration project (except for the stereo modernization), and I still want to keep her classic looks. The paint is original, and it's a "unicorn color" according to a recent PCA mag article. People either love it or hate it. (I love it.) So I don't want to change the car too much. I want to keep its classic look.

So give me some ideas. Now that she's had medical care, reparative surgery, and some spa time, this old gal needs some bling! Those of you who know what other people do with a 986, what do you think she should get next?

I

Last edited by 986Chick; 12-22-2020 at 04:39 PM.
986Chick is offline   Reply With Quote