Thread: Wheel Fitment
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 04:47 AM   #4
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadweller View Post
Is there a thread here, or perhaps on another forum, that has pictures of 986's with various OEM wheels, where the wheels are a direct bolt-on (no spacers)? I'd love to see all the options, on an actual 986, where a 100% bolt-on is possible. It's a challenge trying figure out offsets and such with the various OEM wheels, and I'm sure there's more options than I can imagine.
The simple answer is no. Whether it's OEM or aftermarket, it all comes down to learning how offset affects fitment. Might as well become an expert on the topic. It's not a black art or rocket science. Here's a handy-dandy website that helps calculate how new wheels with different offsets will compare to your originals. It's still up to you to figure out if the movement in or out (or both) will work.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

OEM wheels can come in multiple widths and offsets. A set of lobster claws were available in a Boxster / Cayman fitment, a 911 narrow body fitment, and a 911 wide body fitment (these are the 11" rears that everyone asks will fit on a Box). While the fronts are all pretty similar, all three rears had different specifications. All can work with various sized spacers and what compromises you're willing to make. I know you said no spacers, but that's not everyone's MO so a thread of just pics of OEM wheels that fit w/o spacers is a finite request.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote