View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 05:57 PM   #99
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I grabbed a wire with stronger output than my tac could handle.
Ah, I see. Na, I am trying to get the tac signal from the distributer and send it to the Porsche gauge cluster. I would hope that the signal from the GM distributer is pretty light, but IDK.

When I was testing the wires a few months ago some of them, when put to ground through the multimeter (just testing for voltage) would give a blip on the tacho. ME THINKS that means if I give some of those wires a blip from a tac signal off the distributer they will make the little Porsche tac come to life.

This is what happens when you have the plug wires in the wrong spot and your engine says "CHECK YOUR TIMING" and you are like "F YOU I'm gonna pour more gas in the carb". Oh well I really shoulda clear coated that adaptor plate anyway.

And I picked up a piece of garbage on the side of the road today... then I put it on my car.

Well, I was thinking that air, being a fluid, would find the vacancy in the engine bay of my car the path of least resistance... then slap a Z-art top over that vacancy and I'll get all kinds of rumblings that I don't want. SO I wanted to make a belly pan of sorts (to keep that naughty air going out the back of the car). I found a washer machine on the side of the road near my house and I picked it up. Fits pretty well, I just need to do some trimming and paint. BUT I think its gonna do well back there. It fits under the OEM plastic trans tunnel (??) panel; so I don't think any excessive air is gonna really find its way into the engine bay.

BUT at the end of the day I know its just gonna look like I have a washer machine under my car. ROTFLMAO

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote