View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #95
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
You could use an MSD distributor like the link below which would give more clearance and a timing box which would improve performance and look really good doing it.

https://www.holley.com/products/ignition/distributors/chevrolet/parts/8597
I got a skinny one... But I kinda LOVE the clean look of the single wire distributer. I mean the 12+ wire hides under the lip in the back so you can't see it; then the 6 plug wires just come out. SUPER clean.

Its just a little grinding anyways.

I found my coolant leak; dunno if I mentioned that. Apparently I broke some kind of outlet or something on the overflow reservoir. Well it isn't used in my application anyway so I sealed it off.

With proper wiring it fires up every time, just as a SBC should. I'm tickled pink every time I fire it up. But cause I destroyed the adaptor plate gasket it doesn't run for long. I'm gonna have to take the SC off and re-make the gaskets.

As soon as Amazon delivers my super cool Mr. Gasket heavy duty gasket paper I'll be able to let it idle and play "find a wire" with the tachometer. Figure thats the simplest way to figure out how to get the tac working. Just strip the wires from the harness and plug in the tac signal.

I can't get a video to upload here... IDK why. Maybe I can try a link from FB?? oh well.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote