View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #108
PaulE

I'm bringing this up to the top as I've started getting foam out the vents this year on my 2003. I haven't been hit in the face with it yet but it's starting to make a mess on the dash and the floor.

After reviewing Meir's full disassembly method and 78F350's center console method, I am going to opt for 78F350's.

My questions are about the use of solid tape instead of foam. Has anyone who used tape noticed any adverse affects? Someone in an earlier post said they thought the original use of foam may have been for sound attenuation. No one has mentioned that their heat or a/c is noisier now. Also, it seems like the original foam would have let some small amount of air to continue to pass through the doors when they are closed and the tape won't. I'm planning to use the aluminum tape but would be curious to hear if anyone has anything to add before I take this project on soon.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop

Last edited by PaulE; 10-24-2020 at 04:31 PM.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote