View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:33 AM   #1
Traco

2003 Boxster S Sheared Exhaust manifold bolt

I had a sheared bolt on the right side from the previous owner and it was blowing ever so slightly. I finally bit the bullet earlier this year and tackled the job.

I should have done a detailed write up and have them on other forums so will paste in below this as it may help someone.

As we were in lockdown I decided I would also have a good a making a video. Needless to say that didn't turn out as well as the actual job and I need some serious work on my camera, script, production and editing skills. Actually its fairly crap but there may be a few bits of info to help others if they are facing the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quSp8ZQ8EIs&t=8s

I'll add more posts now that I will copy from the Irish Porsche club forum so excuse the dates and some of the context as it was being updated as the job progressed over a few days / weekends.

Before anyone asks - I did consider welding on a nut in the hope that the heat would break the broken bolt loose. I know this has worked for many but I decided against mainly because I would be hardening the bolt and if I had to drill it would be more difficult. I try and do things once and do them right.

text version below:
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote