View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
986 Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I'm running the Koni FSD on my 01 Boxster S. As edc mentioned above, best of both worlds. They really firm up when you are pushing both speed and cornering. If you are looking for 100% sporty stiff ride, get the B6 and don't bother with the Koni FSD.

There were some reports of members who got rid of them in less than 1000 miles of road time, and expected the Koni FSD to be stiff all the time, but that isn't how they are designed to work. I like them particularly because the roads are just awful where I am (Toronto) and I need a compliant ride for the street, not a bone jarring driving experience over every bump, crack, and pot hole in the road. The Koni FSD does a good job of absorbing the imperfections of the road. It's not going to be as compliant as a Toyota RAV4, or as stiff as a GT3, so up to you on what you are after.
What springs did you use with the Konis? I got the B6s with the stock springs on my car, it handles great but I don`t like how high the car sits. I was thinking of changing to B8s with lowering springs, either H&R or eibach, not sure which ones yet.
986 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote