View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #5989
Rayrevolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
The stuff really gushes out don't it??

I don't suppose you've bought/tried this product yet? I would be a little concerned that the depth of the funnel wouldn't suffice to catch/corral that initial blast of oil when the plug first comes out.

I just took an empty plastic gallon milk jug and cut out the bottom. Flip it over and insert the jug opening (no cap!) into the hole in the middle of the oil collection unit. You have to learn how to aim a little when you go to pull the oil plug, but after the first time or two I hardly lose a drop anymore. I also drilled multiple 1/2" holes in the collection surface of the drain pan—to collect the oil that splashes out of the plastic jug (there's usually at least a little). And it's free!
Not yet purchased.

I also have a West Marine oil extractor (6.9 qt) and thought about sucking out a majority of the oil the next go around before I pull the plug.

I do like the milk jug trick and its priced right.

I am only about 1100 miles on this oil, so I have no idea when I will hit 3k and do another change. Maybe in the mean time another member can be our guinea pig and try this thing out???
Rayrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote