View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #20
mgfranz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
if it is dropping at all, or not enough, all indications are the window regulator. Don't bother with a cable tensioner, replace it. 100 dollar part and less than an hour of your time. I have had great experience with the URO, installed 5 or 6 of them over the years and all still working perfectly. Others have derided them
Quick tips:
set the screws on new regualtor to match old as this gets you really close if not perfect on adjustments AND spread the clamps that grab the window in advance. You dont remove the bolt, just loosen it and make sure the rubber glove is separated. thank me later.
:+)
Good point! If the window moves even a minute amount from either the door handle or the interior handle, look at regulator issues. If you have no movement from the door handle, but the interior handle moves the window, you have a bad door handle. If you have movement from the interior handle but nothing from the door, the interior handle switch is bad. If you have zero movement from either the door or the interior, you have a bad door latch.
Rebuilding them is not always a wise option, our latches were used on almost every 986 and 911 from 1998-2004, go grab a used one.
And forget the option of using a VW or Audi latch, the brains do not talk well to our central alarm unit. Like I said, when mine went bad, latch from a 911 solved my issue. My symptoms were no drop at all from either door or interior.
mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote