Thread: window symptoms
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #12
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
Look through this thread I did... in the attached troubleshooting document there is information on alternative latches for VWs... if you don't have the M535 alarm option.
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/78235-door-window-not-dropping-properly-%96-troubleshooting-check-list.html
yep, read through that several days ago when I discovered the issue. Good stuff and thanks from all of us for the efforts. Ill share my experience and thoughts to further the cause.
the microswitch is definitely bad on the door latch, when I inspected it, it fell apart. What was interesting is when I touched the 9 pin connector as I was removing latch, it would actuate windows, back and forth. It must be loose or something, but it looks fine. I think my issue is the connector, but the microswitch was on the way out

at this point, Im replacing the latch, hopeful that I can clean and revive the 9 pin connector. Dont want to replace that as well because I will be waiting for part. Also considering the the PCB board connections could be the "connector issue"

the M535 option isnt something I looked into, If I source another porsche door latch, are they all the same, or is there a non-M535 door latch out there? I could still swap parts with my orignal, but if this is the case, how do I tell the difference.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote