View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #76
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
I’ve heard the general rule of thumb is 3 degrees max. The Boxster S has some axle angle so a little angle should be fine depending on how much power you have. A lowered car can get away with a little more than stock since it has less vertical angle.
Lowered car or raised trans

Thats the kind of less than scrupulous redneckery I plan on doing if I have axle issues. That and moving around rear geometric things like spindle placement. I don't think I'm gonna have to do such things as my engine isn't as big as a V8, but time will tell.

At least in my case for the moment both axles fit to the gear box fine, and spin round without any binding or anything. I could only simulate what the car would be like on the road with a jack under the spindles.

EDITED:

Because my engine is still being machined I have to rely on old stock photos, but it looks like my trans is farther forward than the OP's.

Trans positioning has had me worried from the get go on this project of mine. I think the OP is gonna have his done long before I finish mine. He's just got more room to work on things
Attached Images

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used

Last edited by Qingdao; 09-11-2020 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Added some photos
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote