View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 06:47 PM   #7
Russdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
My buddy is going into a pre-mature midlife crisis and he's getting a C5 soon.

I'll let you know about the comparison, but my box is chevy powered so I got the best of both worlds.

C5 is powerful and reliable, but I don't think you're missing out on much. I get the feeling its like ridding a Harley Davidson. When you ride a Harley you get the feeling of "murica" when you twist the throttle; a C5 is probably the same thing. BTW HD motorcycles are TERRIBLE; I only had one to try it out couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
That would be awesome if I could get your input after trying out his C5. What color does he want? I think the yellow looks phenomenal.

That’s actually the one thing on the C5 I wasn’t too keen on. I’ve (Sadly? Luckily? However you want to cut it) been brought up around nearly 100% German cars. Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, Mini (Mini BMW’s lol!), but mostly BMW’s, and gotten used to that, I don’t even know what to call it, but it just sounds German. Or just not American. Lol.

Going to an American V8 will be quite interesting. But that’s nothing some metalwork never solved. X pipes, equal length headers, lightweight mufflers, it won’t be all that bad with some time and experimenting.

My grandpa owns a Dodge Viper, which is definitely no C5, but is most certainly a slice of “Murica”, and I loved it, through and through. I couldn’t hear anything after being driven around in it for 15 minutes, but I’m sure it sounded sweet!!!

No plans on getting a Harley Davidson! Always thought the GSX-R’s with Hayabusa’s were cool though. Ever ride one of those?
Russdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote