View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
Russdawg1

Unsuccessful Boxster S search - What do I miss out on/gain with a C5 Corvette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
The c5 is, forgive me: a **************** car.
It represents the full monte of mullet- wearing redneck-ism.
It's not anywhere near as fun to drive as even a base boxster. Personally, I think you'd be sorry.
But drive one and see: maybe you HAVE a mullet? ;-)

What are you looking for in a boxster? And what's been stopping you? I see the word "investment" in your post, but i don't think you really meant it that way, right? 'cuz these cars aren't investments. They're likely at the bottom of their depreciation.... but they're not likely to increase dramatically.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hahaha, love it Maytag! I don’t plan on blocking any of your posts anytime soon ))))

I don’t have a mullet, luckily. I have a head full of black curly hair. Not quite an afro though.

Investment might not have been the best term for it, but that’s what came to mind when spending 10 grand on a car. I think most cars would be considered an investment no?

I’m looking for a “cool” car, hah! Aren’t we all.

It must handle well because I love the twisties up here in NorCal. I’d prefer it to have the “oh look a ” behind it too. Doesn’t have to be “DAMN WHAT A SICK CAR” like certain car manufacturers in countries that start with I and end with talian get. But enough prestige behind the look and name that it’s not a Lotus Espirit and people go “what is that?”.

Probably a key determinant: It cannot be passed by ugly ricer cars who think adding stickers and makes their cars faster and thinks slamming and camming so they’re scraping on every bump and driveway is cool.

Oh and this car will just be daily driven to and from work and school (should it start again). So I’ll be “commuting” 70% of the time in this car, but not like a 30 mile commute.

The redneck stigma comes up with about 30% of people if you ask them their thoughts on Corvette. I had thought they grew out of it with the C5 generation and newer. Shoot, the C8 is doing laps around everything under the sun, and they haven’t even released their track versions yet (The C8 Z06 is said to rev out to 9k, which will sound absurd on a track). I don’t think people are too happy that some rednecks are beating them around every single loop around the world. Don’t mention that their car costs half as much as their competitors

But yeah that’s where I sit. And I’ve never owned a car that it’s hood opens the other way!

I’d be intrigued to hear more about why you think even a base boxster will be way more fun to drive, as fun to drive is indeed a top factor.

Last edited by Russdawg1; 09-05-2020 at 05:11 PM.
Russdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote