View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 11:47 AM   #20
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1 View Post
I will do this thanks. As for checking the engine for loose accessories, the noise acts as a function of vehicle speed, not engine speed. And you're exactly right when you said It sounds like a rotating mass out of balance. I will check the motor mounts and trans mounts. But I'm so afraid its something inside the transmission that it out of balance and needs to be replaced. Smells like something that would hurt the old wallet. I'm an 18 year old straight out of high school working hard to make the Porsche dream a reality. But still praying that it's something stupid that I'm missing.
OK narrowed down to vehicle speed not engine speed
That should make it easier to locate.
Drive next to a building, wall, something that sound will bounce off of. With the building, wall, what ever on the right side of the car then on the left side.
See if you can isolate the whoosh whoosh sound to one side or the other.

Also if it is a standard transmission push the clutch in while moving at speed see if the vibration or sound changes.
These cars have a dual mass flywheel when the springs go bad they can go out of balance.
But always go with the easy things first. see if you can isolate the whoosh whoosh sound to one side or the other.

Like others have said it may be as simple as tire balance or a bent wheel.
blue62 is online now   Reply With Quote