Thread: My ignore list
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I get what your saying Rick, but the forum's ignore feature probably won't help much. I tired it a few years ago (Landa and maybe KRAM for a short time). For me it didn't work well because I usually browse the forum without logging in - you have to be logged in for the 'ignore' to work. If I remember right, it removed their posts from the thread when you viewed it. In the end, it worked out better to actually ignore the posts rather than use the ignore feature.
Yeah - those two names are sitting in my list too.

I pretty well stay logged in, in case I need to beat someone for a cheap Boxster and don't want to take the extra few seconds logging in. You know how fast some guys are at snagging a cheap car.

To see this in a thread just means I don't have to put up with noise - This user is on your Ignore List.

I get it, not everybody has to think the same and carry the same opinion. But this place is where I come to enjoy a few minutes of my day and get ideas and solutions for my cars and see what others are doing. If guys want to argue about which oil and tires are best, more power to them - that's what this forum is for. When they start arguing and posturing about world events, smarmy comments and general rudeness is when the real AssHattery starts.

If I want to put up with AssHats, there's plenty of other forums I can go to for that. I just wish the AssHats would go there to sit on the fence and make noise, and leave this place to chat about Boxsters.