Thread: Parts Sourcing
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 03:30 AM   #14
986 Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
Having a bad experience is frustrating but it can happen anywhere. I have dealt with Pelican for almost 10 years for my 924S, 928 and boxsters. In that time I have had 1 part that expired under warranty, which they replaced. One advantage of Pelican is that it is convenient to order parts for different cars at the same time to get to the free-shipping amount. I also order parts elsewhere, of course Ebay and sometimes even the local Porsche dealer, especially for small parts that are difficult to find elsewhere or things that I need quickly without waiting for cross-border shipping.
It`s nice that you are getting free shipping to Quebec from Pelican, I didn`t get that to Ontario. ECS Tuning has lost me as a costumer a long time ago, the fact that they used an independent courier that charged me an arm and a leg when they delivered my B-12 suspension and they did no specify that when I placed my order was enough for me to never order from them again. The U.S. has a a lot of suppliers but their shipping is what makes no sense, some of them charge just as much as the parts cost to ship to Canada plus we still have to pay customs. Rock auto is one of the places that I order most of my car parts from, but now due to covid19 their shipping also has gone up quite a bit.

Last edited by 986 Boxster; 08-11-2020 at 04:07 AM.
986 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote