View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #27
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
You are mandated, not asked, to have a license and insurance to drive your Box. That's much more imposing than wearing a damn mask in public. How come that's not keeping you off the road?
Oh. I'll wear the mask if I'm going into a store... but do leave my nose exposed now and then.

Here's another deal maybe someone can explain:

If you've a hearing problem (a medical condition) you are exempt. Now... I do have a hearing problem (diagnosed in third grade), but chalk up the true nature to too many concerts in my teens and my kick-butt sound system (home and car). Now... does not wearing a mask cause me to hear better? Uh. No. Anyone care to explain that. I will say that, as a lip reader, more often then not I'm, "Huh? What" I'm sorry, come again".

This morning went to get gas. Forgot my mask (8/10 I go inside) and the regular attendant was fine with it. Went to Tractor Supply afterwards... pull my shirt up.. notice clerk has her mask around her neck (they just opened, 9). Grabbed the dog food and, maskless and no shirt covering my face, conducted my transaction.

I'm almost borderline shamed because, when in a store, if I sneeze or sniffle I feel like I'm wearing a scarlett ****************ing letter on my forehead.

Herd immunity. Thats the road I drive.

Have a good Sunday, Fellas and Gals!