Thread: Oil in coolant
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
gabedrummin

Garage
Oil in coolant

Friday driving to work the indicator next to the water temp started to blink .I pulled over checked under the car for leaking water .No water leaking no smoke .Opened the trunk and the level in the reservoir was just below mid point so I thought the level was below the sensor. Temp gauge is normal so I drove to work .Drove home after work keeping an eye on temp gauge no issues .Let her cool down a bit open the water reservoir cap and there is a nasty coolant /oil shake in the tank . Tomorrow I will take it to someone who can tell if there is exhaust gas in the coolant. But I doubt its the oil cooler so looks like the engine will have to come out .RND motor 2.5 years in the car under 30k miles .I was wondering if anyone has a drawing to make the tool to lock the cams in position . Guess I will pull the head off the old motor to put on the new motor .So I am asking two questions 1 dose anyone have a drawing for cam lock tool for a 5 chain motor and 2 Dose anyone have an idea of the cost to recondition /clean and check a pair of Porsche heads. I guess we will see the condition of vario cam actuators after all . Yes I can make the tool I own a machine shop .Thank you all

Last edited by gabedrummin; 08-02-2020 at 12:34 PM.
gabedrummin is offline   Reply With Quote