View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
... to some of y'all (I think 10/10ths is this way, along with some others) this car is a work of perfection and nothing but the best parts, tools and methods should be used (I'm this way with my Ferrari, so I can relate).
But to some of us, this car is a cheap beater. "good-'nuff" is the name of the game with my Boxster...
I agree with you mostly... it's just that my Boxster is my Ferrari, so I try to keep it original.
On my 928, which has been butchered by previous owners I am less difficult, although I like to use only metric fasteners for example, just so tool selection is easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
... let's not alienate guys who look at these cars differently than you do, or who might be just learning DIY (in which case we should be cheering their effort, not picking at the results)...
Agreed for those that are trying, but when someone just cut bundles of wires and left them hanging... Again referring to my 928, a previous owner cut the wiring for the mirrors and the wiring for the radio and some other wires that I don't know what they used to do. The radio has been rewired with all sorts of wires that run beside the original wires. sigh
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote