View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #8
lucoche

Garage
If it can help you guys, today i was replacing my rear LCA’s with balljoints and when i raised the car to install the jack stands, after a few minutes i see oil dripping under the car near very close to the tranny/engine junction point... with a flashlight i could clearly understand that this oil was not engine oil but tranny oil (slightly pinkish) and it was coming out of one of the 2 drive axle shafts.

My conclusion for now is that this car doesn’t enjoy extreme jacking lift on one side, i maybe held the car for a few minutes in a position that the axles shafts didn’t like and gave opportunity to transmission fluid to come out by this seal....

After realizing that, i noticed that the pan under it was filled with oil from this dripping so i cleaned up everything, put the car back on its wheels and i haven’t seen any other drips of any kinds (clean the pan properly to avoid thinking that your car still have a leaking issue)

I am driving it to a minimum because i estimate a loss of around 3 cups of tranny fluid, so i need to get an alignment since the LCA have been replaced, so i will have the tranny refilled at the same time.

Was my strange boxster dripping experience, hopefully it can help in your investigations!
lucoche is offline   Reply With Quote