View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #5873
yummyporsche

Mostly troubleshooting the annoying alarm issue that I keep getting when the car is running on my 01' 986S.

Feel like I keep finding more surprises to this car the more I try to fix it ! :P

Today & Yesterday:

- Troubleshooted the on-going alarm issue in my car. (When the car is ignitioned, the alarm will keep going off)
- This goes away when I pull the C3 fuse, but not the other alarm fuses, my ability to control windows also goes away D: .
- Read through the electrical wiring diagrams to find C3's significance, the only alarm sensor it controls seems to be the tilt sensor (this is a $162 part, so if this is the issue I will probably just try to find a way to bypass it).
- I didn't want to take apart electronics to get to the tilt sensor yet as I'm trying to get the car ready for emissions, so don't want to reset it.
- The alarm system in general still works without C3 fuse, it's way more sensitive to random things than I thought and that alarm horn is loud. (I discoverd last week, the prev. prev. owner had disconnected the horn, so i reconnected it to see if it would solve the alarm issue.)
- Discovered a small oil leak that I haven't been able to diagnose, I don't have a floor jack / jack stands yet but will get it once I get my new credit card with 5% cashback.
- Found random cut wires under the dash on the passenger side, and a missing HVAC air duct (why would anyone remove this!?!!) LOL - I'll probably just go to home depot and DIY a duct and make a connector of some sort. Never noticed this.
- Found that the fuel door lock actuator does not work, or is disconnected. Will need to get a jack at some point, take off the wheel and remove the liner to see the electronics there.

Looks like such a simple mechanism. Finding this car is more and more of a gold mine for small problems, which will be fun and expensive to fit. I can hear Scotty Kilmer yelling money pit at me.
yummyporsche is offline   Reply With Quote