View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #13
PaulE

I feel your pain. 2 years ago I was in the same situation as you with my 2003 S which I bought new. I had preemptively upgraded my IMSB to a ceramic LN bearing at 42k miles which then failed at 77k miles. It was caught as soon as the engine started making noise and there was very little collateral damage. I elected to have it rebuilt as 3.6 with LN Nickies. It wasn't an economical decision but it was the right one for me. If you can afford BYProdriver's rebuilt 3.6 you'd be hard pressed to get the same engine for that price. Since my car is a 2003 it has a 3 chain engine and different Motronic system so his wouldn't work for me. It would work in your car.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote