View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #10
986 Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A 986 S View Post
I think that orient red metallic is a beautiful color for our cars. The front bumper cover on my Boxster was pitted in the front and scraped on the bottom when I bought it so I had that part repainted. The body shop gave me a small jar of the left over paint that I have used to touch up chips and scratches. The color match is great but that is sure an expensive way to to get touch up paint!

p.s. Do post a photo of your car - I'd love to see it!
I got lucky A 986 S. I have been looking for a Boxster for a little while now (2 years ) and I wanted one in good condition and red on black, hard to come by I know. It took me a while but I found it. One owner dealer serviced, no accidents and never winter driven. I payed a bit more than one with several owners but I`m okay with that. The car had 129.000 km (80.000 miles?) and had been sitting in a heated garage for the last 6 years. This year the owner took it out and spend over $8000.00 to get it back in tip top shape, new tires, brakes, gaskets, battery, headlights, suspension, etc, etc, and then he lost interest again and bought an R8, so he put it up for sale. Lucky for me :dance:. I bought in less than 2 hours of the ad going up . I had a PPI done on it and it came out clean, so I bought it. It also came with a lot of extra things, a Porsche battery tender, convertible top conditioner, kits of leather conditioner, kits of the back window conditioner, kits of touch up paint, etc, etc. I just started moding it, and so far I have done the Crios exhaust mod, desnorkel, spacers, aluminum pedals, Led interior lights, trunks, high and low beams, etc. Now I`m trying to upgrade the speakers and some other small things that need attention on a 19 year old car, but so far I`m happy as it`s all small things.

986 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote