View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #8
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
You’re right, the fronts are a no-go. The rears are the same though.
Was it a height issue? They (GLOC) said you could take a 987.2 front pad and run it on 986 S but not the other way around.

If you need to get your pad situation sorted quickly I can send you some 987.2 GLOC R10 front pads that I ran on my Cayman for fronts, you can have them for free, I had to drill the holes on the fronts to get the pins to fit and as a result they have some odd wear courtesy of a lip that is developing on the top of the pad. I would say there is more than 50% of life left in them. I should send them back and make them give me a refund, but they would probably just give me new pads which I don't need since I have moved on. This is the 2nd time I have had to drill the hole to get the pins to fit with them, last time was a set of boxster rears.

I also have a set of nearly new Ferodo DS-2500 for 987.2 that I would sell at 1/2 new cost, they have 300 street miles and 1 easy session at Road Atlanta. I was going to see if I could use them as a dual street/track pad (they are highly recommended for that) but after using a true heavy duty track pad (GLOC/CarboTech and then Ferodo DS 1.11) I didn't like the (albeit small) reduction in braking and modulation at the limit going into T10 a at Road Atlanta so I took them off after 1 session. I could get either of these shipped out ASAP and get them there in time for your weekend, if you haven't already got your pad situation sorted?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote