View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
steved0x

987.2 Caymans and boxsters use the same pad shapes (with some overlap with 987.1 but I'm not sure of that).

From my 986 boxster S, I was able to move over to the Cayman my rear track pads but not my front (my understanding was they were a few mm too tall but I did not physically try). I was also able to transfer my front rotors but not back, but that doesn't apply for you since 987.2 S uses different rotors than base, thicker I think and maybe larger diameter? I can't confirm.

If your track front pads are the same shape as what's in your 987.2 front rotors I say go for it! The weights are for noise abatement and non of the track pads I run have them.

Tires, the boxster spec is 25" diameter f/r, 987.2 is bigger, but a friend runs his old boxster size tires on his Cayman and is fast but runs out of gear in a few high speed places where he doesn't when he runs his normal Cayman sizes. I bet you will be fine.

When those tires run out, with your S, you could run 275/40/18 in back and 245/40/18 front or even 285/35/18 back which I run and love :-)

You will miss your 986 but I think you will love your new 987.2!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote