View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
yummyporsche

Just bought my first 986S !

Hi there ! I'm Rachel I moved to the US (AZ valley) from Canada late last year

Been lurking the forums a bit, and have finally gotten my first 2001 porsche boxster 986S 6spd mt about 2 days ago. This thing is fun and fast ! I bought it from a small youtuber who had worked on the car and disclosed all of the small issues it has that I'll be taking on.

I took off the driver seat yesterday cleaning the terminals to the alarm control unit as recommended by the prev. owner. Didn't fix the problem, but still troubleshooting !

In the time being just pulling the fuse to disable the alarm lol (and the windows as a byproduct).

Mainly bought this car to learn more about wrenching on a car, as I've worked in Mfg Engineering in automotive, but have not once actually taken apart a car other than its HVAC components as I worked on car HVAC systems in my senior year internship (embarassingly). I've just graduated and now I currently work in software but still want to be less of a pencil pushing engineer (hopefully it's not too late and I'm not biting off way more than I can chew!).

Last edited by yummyporsche; 07-05-2020 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Just wanted to add a bit more info
yummyporsche is offline   Reply With Quote