View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:18 PM   #10
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
Well I set my sights a little lower this year on the total amount of miles to ride because of my screwed up knee. Biking seems to be ok as long as I don't push it. I figured I'd start out with a goal of $500 (lots of people don't have extra money with COVID-19 and all) but since we already got there now (thanks to all those that pitched in ) I've raised the bar to $1000 now.... The miles don't count until the 1st of August and then run right through to August 31st so I have some time :-)
I figure its a great cause and since my 5yr old niece went through this about 6 or 7 years ago when she was diagnosed with Leukemia (she won her battle after almost 3yrs) it was so sad to see all the young kids that go through this every day it near broke my heart. The sick kids foundation does so much for the kids, so I figure it was time to help give back a little
Cheers
H
Sorry to hear about your knee and it breaks my heart as well whenever I hear about any child battling cancer. Sounds like the Sick Kids Foundation is a great organization. It's so awesome of you to fundraise for them. Glad to hear your niece doing better. Here's hoping it never comes back!