View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 10:47 PM   #10
beater986

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
If you're really wondering, its strong, but it will bend. The high strength boron doesn't go all of the way up to the top of the windshield frame so the frame can bend about 3/4's of the way up.

This a photo of a Boxster Spec that flipped over at about 80 mph at Willow Springs Raceway in SoCal. And this is a car with a full roll cage.
Hmm, I'm not a real engineer, so I can't speak to the difference in static weight vs the dynamic force created in a roll. Do you think if my fat 200 lb ass stood on it it would bend? What about my fat 200 lb ass + an extra few hundred cheeseburgers? I know this is all speculation at this point -- but I'm hopeful based on the post regarding the earth mover trying to crush it.

The other question is, even if it won't bend like my will to live, will it be enough force to have the windshield itself tap out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
?
So..... tell us what you're up to? Sounds interesting?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Best response ever.

Do extrapolate for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
What Maytag and Qingdao said! We're intrigued and our imagination is going wild!

It's not a unique idea, in fact it's a blatantly stolen one, though I think I'll be the first person attempting it with a convertible.. . I'll announce it and post pictures next week. But if you really really want to know in the interim, take a gander at the user account names posting in the marketplace looking for an RTS for a hint.. I might be beating Brock to the punch, at least on the 986 platform.

Last edited by beater986; 06-28-2020 at 11:14 PM.
beater986 is offline   Reply With Quote