View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Wolfpack

Garage
Partially fried immobilizer - possibly?

I recently picked up an '04 Boxster S, I'm new to the Porsche world and new to this forum too. I've been working through a list of small issues while familiarizing myself with the car. Based on reading and rereading a thousand forum posts, I think most of the issues could tie back to the immobilizer (M535), which has very clear water damage (pics below). Oddly, despite these issues and the obviously old water damage, the car still starts without any problem.

If you were in my shoes, would you risk trying to clean the PCB, which seems like it could damage the immobilizer further and potentially kill my ability to start the car? Or would you leave the car as-is and live with these issues? For using ecu doctors or a similar service, would it be in my favor to leave the board alone?

My issues which seem tied to immobilizer:
- remote does not work, central locking switch does not work
- manually locking with key only locks driver door, not passenger, frunk, trunk, or fuel door (trunk/frunk only work with key in ignition so those seem secure-ish)
- alarm does not arm, no honk/beep when locking manually, so likely does not work at all
- dome, trunk and frunk lights dead
- possible battery drain (have checked with multi-meter and not witnessed outsized draw, but battery seems to die if i leave the car alone for ~a week)

I've checked all fuses and replaced broken ones, including the one on the immobilizer.

Thanks for taking a look!

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote